Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pre-Holiday Blues

I'm feeling a little better on my finances. I've caught up with my credit card bill and was even able to start adding a little back into my savings account. I'll start to feel even better once I have more of a cushion.

The savings account isn't bad (in fact, it's pretty good) but it's not 'three month worth of expenses' crazy good like I had before I kept getting hit with big $2K+ expenses. Some hits were planned (Europe trip, CPA) and some not planned (vet bills, new car), but all happened within a year. Now, it's just playing catch-up.

Such is life.

I'll have my tax rebate next year but, for now, I just have to get through the joy of the holidays. I definitely will consider less with presents this year and I was hoping to get a new iphone 6, but I may hold out at least until after Christmas (or until I break my current one, whichever comes first).

No comments: