Monday, February 23, 2015

Stuff is Happening in 2015

For good and for bad, the long term goals are coming along:

-Pass CPA Exam (18mths)

Having a retake on AUD this Friday. I'm working the MCQs so I gaining a little more confidence on the possibility of passing this one. If I do, then the clock begins on the 18 months for the rest of the three sections...

-Running

Ick, this one is not good. I have less than a month for a half marathon and the bitter cold has impeded my training. Not only that but my cross training (swim & bike) did something to my back and now I'm hurting. I need to heal up a bit before I can concentrate on running and, apparently, strength training. Spring cannot come soon enough.

-Nanowritmo (10mths)

Well, this one is also being backlogged because of studying (...and procrastination in general). What I really need to do is switch out my 'TV' time for 'book/write' time. Work in progress...

-Mortgage (24.2yrs)

Big change here. I can no longer ignore the fact that refinancing is *really* good to do right now. If I can move to a 15yr loan, I'd be increasing my monthly payments by about a $100 (plus closing costs) but my interest would drop like crazy and I'd cut 10 years off the loan. Long term, it'd be stupid not to.

No comments: