Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago. I've come to take a long, hard look at myself, my life and the continuation of life after death.

There are some things I'm either going to fall back on and other things in life that I need full focus on. I'm still trying to figure out what 'things' and how.

Still have the long term goals: 

 -Pass CPA Exam (18mths)

I failed AUD with a 72 and retook it a couple weeks ago. I won't find out if I passed until May but I'm working on (slowly) studying for the FAR section. I plan to take that in either July or August.

-Running

My knee still hurts a week and a half after my second half marathon this season (hot, long, tough run). I decided that I will forgone the next one I signed up for (May 2nd) and concentrate on strengthen training and stretching as I believe this is why my knee is hurting.

-Nanowritmo (6mths)

After hearing about keeping a 'one sentence' journal, I decided to give that a try. I've been liking it so far since there is no real pressure on getting a certain words and/or time down. It's whatever in my head that goes down on paper. Baby steps.

-Mortgage (15(!)yrs)

I officially closed on my refinance last Friday. Overall, it ended up being a pretty good deal. I bumped my monthly payments by about $100 but I cut my loan down by 10 years. I can't wait to see those tiny chips in my principal turn into much bigger chucks.

No comments: