Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Mega Quests Update - June 2018


-Pass CPA Exam (Done! Completed 8/17/17!)

I officially have the C . P . A . on the end of my name. It's a great feeling. I accomplished my goal 10+ years in the making.

At the same time, I miss it...

I miss the late study nights. I miss the classes and the cramming until my head is full of useless accounting information (and promptly forgotten).

The big question is: What do I do now?

The answer is: I don't know.

I'm currently working on some projects at work which is taking my time. I am also a fully licensed CPA which means I would need to keep up on CPE classes (Continuing Professional Education). These are all long term projects with no set goal in mind.

I really need the time to decompress, but I am starting to get antsy again. I'm already eyeing other certifications I could take....CMA, CFM, CFE, CFP, CIA, EA, CB- The list goes on...


-Running/Run a sub30 (PR 30:22)

I spent my winter and spring participating in a Fast5k running program in order to gain a sub30. My last 5K was last Sunday and I was just shy of it by 23 seconds.

Curses!

I'm not giving up on the goal but I'm setting it aside for now. I have a trip to Mt. Washington at the end of the month and an Olympic Triathlon in September which I need to plan for now. I'm fairly confident that continuing on this trek will get me at my sub30 goal by the end of the summer.

-Nanowritmo (TBA)

I haven't thought about this one in awhile. I did try Nanowritmo last year for all of one day. (right, one day). I just wasn't into trying at the time since there was *way* too much going on in my life.

Maybe I should try this year. If I do, I'll need to prep now. My failures in the past are mainly due to the lack of experience and training beforehand.

I didn't run a marathon on Day 1. I trained for it. The same applies here.

This may take some thought....how does one create a training plan for writing?


-Mortgage (12.2yrs)

Major set back on this. I bought a kitchen.

Well, I remodeled my kitchen.

Kitchens are *expensive* and I am still trying to pay the loan off on it. Aside from my condo, it's the largest purchase I've ever made. I could go hard core and pay it off by Halloween or I could go easy and save up for some other things (vacation, new car, Lasix, etc).

So mortgage is stuck on the bottom of this list.

I'm opening up my financial books again. I'll see to what I need to do to move things along quicker.

No comments: