Sunday, January 3, 2010

The start of 2010- Wake up an hour earlier

As I mentioned before, I'm working on something slightly different from the typical New Year's resolution. From The 6 Changes Method, I made a list of six things I want to make into a habit this year:

1) Wake up an hour earlier.
2) Run 2-3 times a week.
3) Study or read more.
4) Eat Healthier
5) Clean the litterboxes everyday.
6) Write everyday.

The first is one I'm going to work on is 1) Wake up an hour earlier.

Background:
I'm not really sure how this happened, but for the past few months, I had the hardest time waking up at a reasonable time. My first guess is that the winter months makes it hard for me to get out of my warm bed into the cold. Yet, it was only a year ago, when I was in school, that I was able to go to bed at 1-2 am and still managed to have a better time getting up than I do now.

Before anyone says anything about the time I go to bed at night: that is the one thing I'm sure is not a factor. It could be 9pm or 12am- No matter what time I go to bed, I still have a hard time waking up.

The goal:
To wake up at 6am on a work day

Weekly Steps:

Week 1) Write down a list the things I want to do with the extra time. Copy it down every night before bed.

Week 2) Start waking up at 6:40am

Week 3) Stop spending time online in the mornings

Week 4) Meditate every morning for ten minutes

Week 5) Start waking up at 6:20am

Week 6) Do one thing on the list each morning (excluding meditations)

Week 7) Start waking up at 6:10am

Week 8) Start waking up at 6:00am




No comments: